This Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener makes control from your smartphone reassuring and simple, and comes fully equipped with Security+ 2.0®, MyQ®Technolgy and Battery Backup. State-of-the-art technology and industry-leading quiet operation make the 8550W the highest rated opener in our lineup. Add the Automatic Garage Door Lock for the ultimate garage security solution.
All LiftMaster Openers, Operators, and Systems should be purchased through a Dealer and professionally installed.
- MyQ Technology now with Wi-Fi, enables secure monitoring and control of your garage door opener with a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Alerts can be received as email or pop-up (push) notifications on your mobile device, ensuring the status of the garage door.
- MyQ mobile app is a free download requiring no annual activation fee.
- P3™ Motors provide proven reliability and durability.
- DC Motor Belt System delivers powerful, ultra-quiet performance.
- Battery Backup ensures access to your garage when the power goes out.
- Dependable warranty includes lifetime coverage of motor and belt, five (5) years on parts and one (1) year on battery.
- Automatic Garage Door Lock Capable (2 max.)
Safety & Security
- Automatic Garage Door Lock Capable; deadbolt locks the garage door, making it virtually impenetrable (2 max., sold separately).
- Security+ 2.0® safeguards garage access – with every click a new code is sent to the garage door opener ensuring the door does not inadvertently open.
- PosiLock® locks down the door by electronically monitoring against a forced opening.
- Timer-to-Close automatically closes the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Alert-2-Close Warning System provides audible and visual warnings when a garage door is about to close when using MyQ Technology or Timer-to-Close.
- Motion Detector is integrated into control panel providing rapid detection and illumination of garage.
- The Protector System® incorporates safety sensors which emit an invisible light beam across the garage door opening, automatically reversing the door if an object interrupts the beam.