New garage door trends for 2019 hold three things in common: energy efficiency, new technology and style. Just think about how you use your garage space. It’s more than just holding your cars. The garage and garage door have become an extension of your living space. Garages are now functional spaces for home storage, workshops, craft rooms and man caves! So homeowners now demand that their new garage doors provide more than simple protection from the elements.
2019 Garage Door Trend #1 – Energy Efficiency
An average garage size can be roughly 25% of a home’s size. So keeping that area energy efficient can mean real savings and money in your pocket. But how do you make a garage door energy efficient? Isn’t the door just plain wood or aluminum? We’re here to debunk your old thoughts and replace them with brand new facts for the 2019 new garage door models!
- If your garage is attached to your home, air can travel through the doorway to your living area. Insulated doors will help to reduce the transfer of heat or cold air into your garage while saving you money on your electric bill.
- An insulated garage door will help keep the temperature in the garage within a narrower temperature range as compared to the extreme range of the outside temperature.
- If your garage is below another room in your home, air can travel through the ceiling of the garage into the floor of the room above. An insulated garage door will keep temperatures in the garage fairly stable to reduce the temperature fluctuation in the room above.
Some examples of our energy-efficient ASSA ABLOY garage doors: Our Custom Wood Doors, Our Churchill Single, Double & Triple Layer Construction Doors, Our Dilworth Court Triple Layer & Noise Reduction Doors and Our Hanover Triple Layer Construction Doors.
2019 Garage Door Trend #2 – New Technology
Artificial intelligence in your garage door opener? Yes! Another piece of new technology to make your home a smarter home. You’ll love our new MyQ Garage technology for your smartphone. Our LiftMaster MyQ Garage (821LM) adds smartphone control to our ASSA ABLOY garage door openers that have photo eyes.
MyQ Garage allows you to manage your garage door from the beach!
- Get peace of mind knowing the main access point to your home is secure.
- Check the status or control your garage door from anywhere so you never have to worry if you left your garage door open.
- Receive real-time alerts when there’s activity with your garage doors or MyQ lights.
- Can control two garage doors at once.
Monitor, open and close your garage door and control home lighting, all from a smartphone tablet or computer with MyQ® Technology. To find out more about adding AI to your home’s garage, call our garage technology center at 1-800-THE-DOOR.
2019 Garage Door Trend #3 – Design Style
Our customers often say that our garage doors are the most versatile doors in the world! The choice of materials, energy-efficiency, colors, designs and styles give you a virtually unlimited design potential. Shouldn’t your garage door reflect the things that make you unique? We think so. That is why we are confident you will find a garage door that matches your style, flair and personality.
Did we mention that we have hundreds of colors to offer? We use our exclusive Door Tone Color selection powered by Sherwin Williams.
So there you have the top trends for 2019 in garage doors. Energy efficiency, new technology and numerous design selections. If you can imagine a garage door, the chances are almost guaranteed that we can design and build it! 2019 is going to be a banner year for your garage door!
We at ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems are always happy to assist you with your garage door repair and service and new garage door sales needs. Just give one of our door experts a call at 1-800-THE-DOOR, use our contact form or click our famous blue bubble in the bottom-right of your browser. We look forward to helping you soon.