If you have a garage then you know the feeling of driving away from your home, make it halfway down the street and wonder if you remembered to close the garage door. We have seen the smart cameras, doorbells, and locks for our front doors; now it’s time we see it for our garage doors. As more technology is coming into the home, garage door openers, are as well, with added features such as sharing access to your garage from anywhere to new capabilities for monitoring.
With the help of mobile apps, not only will your smartphone replace your garage’s remote control, but you’ll also get reminders when you’ve left the door open, easily manage who can access your garage, get notifications whenever the door is used, and even monitor the garage via a video stream.
Most of these garage door openers use WiFi or Bluetooth technology. So now you can check on your sports car from work, get the temperature inside your garage and keep tabs on your family’s comings and goings like never before.
Let’s check out two of your not so typical garage door openers.
- Conveniently open and close your garage door by turning your existing WiFi network and garage door opener into a single integrated smart device that you can control and monitor from anywhere.
- Activate your garage door opener by tapping on the Nexx mobile app, or by giving voice commands to your Alexa or Google Assistant devices, or soon, by driving near your garage door (this feature is in beta release).
- Multi-users access and remote monitoring. You can authorize multiple people to access your garage, you can open and close the door if a guest arrives and you’re away, and you can receive notifications if you forget to close the door.
Nexx Garage is a companion device to an existing garage door opener that securely allows one or more users to open, close, and monitors their garage door from anywhere in the World. This smart device will allow you to control your garage door opener with your smartphone, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant enabled devices, or just driving your car.
- Built-In Battery allows for normal use even when the power is out
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the garage door after 1, 5, or 10 minutes
- Includes two 3-button remote controls, one wireless keyless entry system, and one control panel
Here’s an opener that comes with all the bells and whistles. It also has battery backup, so if the power goes out, you can still get in and out with ease for up to 20 open and close cycles for the first 24 hours of an outage. The technology savvy will appreciate its MyQ smartphone control technology that allows you to control the door via an app on your iPhone or Android, plus you’ll receive safety notifications if you’re away from the house and the door opens or closes. And for extra peace of mind, there’s also a feature that will automatically close the door after a set amount of time — you know, just in case you forget.
No More Getting Stuck in the Rain
Now when driving home in the middle of a storm, realizing that you are going to have to step out in the rain to open the garage door, with a tap of your smartphone, you can open the garage door, shut your garage door and get instant alerts if the door has been open for too long. Upgrade your garage door opener with one of these or one of the advance openers that we sell.
If you ever need assistance, repair or service with your garage door or openers, you can always reach us 24/7 by calling 1-800-THE-DOOR or using our contact form.